Pamukkale means Cotton Castle in Turkish and it gets it name from lovely travertines that flow down the hillside from hot springs, leaving behind a soft white snow of calcium carbonate and bisodium carbonate. Pamukkale, Hieropolis has a history which dates back to 10 thousad years before. As it was believed that the thermal water flows here cures the diseases it had been an important city of health, religious and art for centuries. It is known that Hieropolis was built in 190 B.C. by Bergamon King Eumenes II, and named after his wife Hiera.
See this natural wonder. A stunning fairyland of white terraces. Over thousand of years hot mineral waters have flowed out of the earth and cascaded down the cliff. These waters rich in calcium have solidified into dazzling white travertines, petrified white waterfalls with layers of small pools filled with the calcium rich, warm mineral water. These waters have been famous throughout the years for their healing properties and you can bathe in them at the ancient roman pool. The impressive ruins of which can be seen along with probably the largest necropolis in Turkey with its thousands of tombs.
|TOUR DAYS : Every Monday and Friday|
|TOUR PROGRAM :|
4 hours coach journey to Pamukkale
- Visit the ancient city Hierapolis for one hour ( see the rock tombs, The Agora, The Theatre, The Roman Baths, The Temple of Apolla etc.)
- Visit the travertines for one hour
- Stop at the Cleopatra thermal pool for one hour
- Lunch stop for one hour(included in the price)
- 4 hours coach journey back to Bodrum
- 1/2 hour stop off on the way
- Back to your hotel around 21.00 hrs
|WHAT IS INCLUDED|
- Professional Tourist Guide (They will speak English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Ducth)
- Entrance fees (Except Cleopatra Pool)
- Do not forget to take your camera with you.
- As it is too hot especially during summer time we suggest you to take hats an sunglasses with you.
- As you might want to take a dip in hot springs or swim in the pool do not forget to bring your swimming suites.
- We advise you to take some Money or a credit card with you.